Building & Property Maintenance Reminders
When contemplating minor or major home repairs, the Building Department wishes to remind all residents to:
- Get two or more estimates for any work to be done.
- Be sure to use contractors who are licensed and bonded with the Village of Midlothian. Beware of workmen who stop by your home unsolicited with an offer "too good to be true."
- Check to see if permits are required. Permits must be displayed prior to the start of the work.
- Even if a permit is not required, all contractors and handymen MUST license with the Village.
- When putting in a Swimming Pool - Do not make final payment until the final inspection is done and work is approved. This will guarantee that any faulty construction can be corrected in a timely manner.
- Phone first. When in doubt about a building matter, call the Building Department before signing a contract. The Building Department is here to help you and to preserve the integrity of the housing stock for the benefit of all.