Garage sales are a supported activity and are a common occurrence in Midlothian as well as in other communities. Residents are requested to follow some simple guidelines required by the Village of Midlothian:
Any person who conducts a garage sale within the Village of Midlothian must first obtain a garage sale permit. Come to Village Hall before your sale to request a permit.
The cost of a garage sale permit is $2 per event.
- No garage sale may be conducted over a period of more than three consecutive days.
- No more than one garage sale shall be conducted on the same premises by the same household within any 12 month period.
- Participation in the annual M.A.R.S. (Midlothian Area Reuse Sale) does not require a permit and does not count toward the annual number of allowable garage sales.
- No more than one sale can be held by a household within a seven-day period.
- No person shall conduct any garage sale on premises not owned or leased by said person.
- Sales cannot begin before 10:00 am, and must not continue later than 6:00 pm.
For questions or more information about garage sale permits, please contact Village Hall at 708-389-0200 option 5.