BE A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER
The Village Hall has received several calls about residents not picking up after their dogs while on walks and/or dogs that are not on a leash. We wanted to take this time to remind you of some of the Village ordinances as they relate to pet ownership.
- Dogs and cats are not allowed to run at large.
- Animals must be leashed at all times unless in a fenced-in yard.
- All waste deposited by your dog or cat on property other than your own must be picked up and disposed of in a sanitary manner immediately.
- All waste deposited on your own property must be removed within 24 hours.
- Animals must not disturbs the peace with loud noises at any time of the day or night including, but not limited to, continued and repeated howling, barking and whining.
- Please be mindful of your animal’s needs. All animals must have food, water and appropriate veterinary care.
- Animals cannot be left unattended in a motor vehicle or enclosed trailer when outside temperature exceeds 86° Fahrenheit. Your pet should never be exposed to extreme weather elements.
Learn more by referring to the Village Code (Available online
or in person), or give us a call.