Flooding Resources

Flood Resources

Information on whether your property is in the 100-year floodplain can be obtained from the Building Department or by checking on FEMA's website.

If you have flooding or drainage problems on your property, contact the Building Superintendent for solutions. He can be reached at (708) 385-8642.

It is illegal to dump materials, yard waste or debris into a required waterway and violators may be fined. (515 ILCS 5/5-5). If you see someone dumping debris in our water courses or suspect any other illegal activity, please contact the Police Department at (708) 385-2534.

Links to Other Resources:

ASSE Tips for Flood-Related Mold
IAFSM - Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management
Flood Information from FEMA
Guide To Flood Protection In Northeastern Illinois
USGS - U.S. Geological Survey Water Resources Internet Tools