Full-time employment is governed by the Fire and Police Commission of the Village of Midlothian.
Please download a copy of the Village of Midlothian Employment Application, and corresponding packets to apply for a position:
An examination is administered every two years by the Fire and Police Commission to establish an eligibility list for the hiring of full-time firefighters.
The following are sample requirements for an applicant to take the firefighter entry test. Requirements may change. Applicants must:
- Be 21-35 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or have their GED
- Be EMT-P and FFII certified
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Establish residency within the contractual boundary limits within their probation period of employment
- Have no felony convictions
- Have a valid driver's license
- Meet all other requirements as mandated by the Fire and Police Commission
- Must have current CPAT card with ladder endorsement
- Part-time Firefighter Applicants
- Certified FFII / Paramedics (EMT-P) may apply for part-time positions at Station 1, 14801 S. Pulaski
For more information regarding part-time employment email Julie Roth or call at (708) 489-4742 or